Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas
Benefits of banana are awesome. Bananas are indeed one of the most widely consumed fruits throughout the world. Consuming banana regularly can essentially help to lower blood pressure as well as reduce the overall risks of deadly diseases like cancer and asthma.
Today, bananas are best grown in at least 107 countries around the world and are ranked to be top fourth among the world’s most cultivated food crops in its total monetary value. The American nation consumes most bananas; even more than apples plus oranges combined.
Amazing Health Benefits of Bananas
With the entire world consuming so many bananas, the potential health benefits of the great bananas are pretty much evident. Listed below are just the major possible health benefits merely associated with bananas.
1. Bananas Effectiveness Against High Blood Pressure
Maintaining a moderately low sodium intake is essential to lowering overall blood pressure, however by increasing the potassium intake may be just as very important because of its great vasodilation effects. According to the latest National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, even fewer than 2% of all US adults meet the entire daily 4500 mg recommendation.
Moreover, high potassium intake is even associated with an almost 20% decreased risk of potentially dying from all the causes.
2. Bananas Fight Against Asthma
A careful study conducted by the renowned Imperial College of London liberally found that children who consume just one banana in a day had almost 34% less chance than other children in the matter of developing asthma.
3. Bananas Are Protective Against Cancer
Consuming the bananas right in the first two years of the life may greatly reduce the risk of developing acute childhood leukemia. As a perfectly good source of rich Vitamin C, bananas can greatly help against the formation of free radicals in the body known to cause cancer in later stages of life. Bananas are also widely associated with a much-lowered risk of acute colorectal cancer.
4. Bananas Enable Good Heart Health
The rich content of fiber, potassium, essential vitamin C, as well as B6 content, found in bananas all, support great heart health. An exceeding increase in the fulfilled potassium intake along with a sufficient decrease in the sodium intake is the most demanding dietary change that an individual can make in order to reduce their potential risk of diminishing cardiovascular disease.
According to the renowned Mark Houston, MD, MS, an associate clinical expert of medicine practicing at Vanderbilt Medical School and the senior director of the Hypertension Institute at St Thomas Hospital situated in Tennessee. Benefits Of Bananas High potassium intakes are also directly associated with a much-reduced risk of heat stroke, and related protection against loss of body muscle mass, protective preservation of bone mineral density as well as reduction an in the accidental formation of harmful kidney stones.
Great Nutritional Profile of Bananas
• One serving of a medium sized banana is actually considered to be approximately 125 grams.
• One serving of an average sized banana contains about 110 calories, almost 30 grams of essential carbohydrate along with 1 gram of protein.
• Bananas are by nature utterly free of fat, bad cholesterol as well as sodium.
• Bananas provide an extensive vast variety of vitamins along with minerals:
- Vitamin B6 – .5 mg approx
- Manganese – .3 mg approx
- Vitamin C – 9 mg approx
- Potassium – 450 mg approx
- Dietary Fiber – 3g approx
- Protein – 1 g approx
- Magnesium – 34 mg approx
- Folic acid – 25.0 mg approx
- Riboflavin – .1 mg approx
- Niacin – .8 mg approx
- Vitamin A – 81 IU approx
- Iron – .3 mg approx
The approximate recommended intake of essential potassium for normal adults on average is 4,700 milligrams per day.
Banana Food Ideas:
“How To Incorporate more and more bananas into your diet”
• Add a nicely sliced banana to your desired morning cereal or even oatmeal for a more tasty and nutritious breakfast.
• In the year 2008, a very popular diet fad popularly known as the Morning Banana Diet strongly recommended eating a banana right in the morning simply along with water.
• Just like the apple sauce, full ripe mashed bananas can be ideally used in the home baked goods in order to replace oil or butter. In such cases, mashed bananas lend a very moist, naturally invoked sweet flavor to muffins, home made cookies and even cakes.
• You can even peel and freeze bananas for an extremely delicious and rich addition to any smoothie.
• Moms can even add sliced banana right to your morning cereal or even oatmeal, or carry a banana with you to work or in lunch boxes to school for a very healthy as well as a portable snack.
Risks and Precautions Associated With Bananas
Consuming too much of the potassium can be really harmful to those patients whose kidneys are not fully functional. Even if your kidneys are slightly unable to remove out excess potassium out from the blood, it could be really fatal.
Storage Technique of Bananas
• Bananas should be right away stored at the room temperature.
• The higher the temperature, the faster bananas will ripen. However, in order to slow down ripening process, bananas should be well refrigerated. In such, even if the outer peel of the banana skin will get darken but the banana inside will stay quite intact longer.
• To encourage faster ripening, you can place the banana at room temperature in a brown paper bag.
Was this information useful? Write us with your awesome banana ideas. We will love to hear from you